This town rocks
Who has more fun than we do? Shop Local...Downtown Bellaire
The Perfect GetawayWelcome to the Northaire Resort cabins. Located along the south shores of Clam Lake in Antrim Co.
The Perfect GetawayWelcome to the Northaire Resort cabins. Located along the south shores of Clam Lake in Antrim Co., the Northaire Resort will transport you to a world of fun and relaxation. Experience the sounds of water foul and nature.
This town rocks
Who has more fun than we do? Shop Local...Downtown Bellaire
Rooted in Michigan
Things You Probably Never Knew About The Great Lakes.....
1. While Lake Superior is actually a lake, it behaves more like an inland sea .
2. All of the four other Great Lakes, plus three more the size of Lake Erie, would fit inside of Lake Superior.
3. Isle Royale is a massive island surrounded by Lake Superior. Within this island are several smaller lakes. Yes, that’s a lake on a lake.
4. Despite its massive size, Lake Superior is an extremely young formation by Earth’s standards (only 10,000 years old).
5. There is enough water in Lake Superior to submerge all of North and South America in 1 foot of water.
6. Lake Superior contains 3 quadrillion gallons of water (3,000,000,000,000,000). All five of the Great Lakes combined contain 6 quadrillion gallons.
7. Contained within Lake Superior is a whopping 10% of the world’s fresh surface water.
8. It’s estimated there are about 100 million lake trout in Lake Superior. That’s nearly one-fifth of the human population of North America!
9. There are small outlets through which water leaves Lake Superior. It takes two centuries for all the water in the lake to replace itself.
10. Lake Erie is the fourth-largest Great Lake in surface area, and the smallest in depth. It’s the 11th largest lake on the planet.
11. There is alleged to be a 30- to 40-foot-long “monster” in Lake Erie named Bessie. The earliest recorded sighting goes back as early as 1793.
12. Water in Lake Erie replaces itself in only 2.6 years, which is notable considering the water in Lake Superior takes two centuries.
13. The original publication of Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax contained the line, “I hear things are just as bad up in Lake Erie.”
Fourteen years later, the Ohio Sea Grant Program wrote to Seuss to make the case that conditions had improved. He removed the line.
14. Not only is lake Erie the smallest Great Lake when it comes to volume, but it’s surrounded by the most industry.
Seventeen metropolitan areas, each with populations of more than 50,000, border the Lake Erie basin.
15. During the War of 1812, the U.S. beat the British in a naval battle called
the Battle of Lake Erie, forcing them to abandon Detroit.
16. The shoreline of all the Great Lakes combined equals nearly 44% of the circumference of the planet.
17. If not for the the Straits of Mackinac, Lake Michigan and Lake Huron might be considered one lake.
Hydrologically speaking, they have the same mean water level and are considered one lake.
18. The Keystone State was one of the largest and most luxurious wooden steamships running during the Civil War.
In 1861, it disappeared. In 2013, it was found 30 miles northeast of Harrisville under 175 feet of water.
19. Goderich Mine is the largest salt mine in the world. Part of it runs underneath Lake Huron, more than 500 meters underground.
20. Below Lake Huron, there are 9,000-year-old animal-herding structures used by prehistoric people from when the water levels were significantly lower.
21. There are massive sinkholes in Lake Huron that have high amounts of sulfur and low amounts of oxygen, almost replicating the conditions of Earth’s ancient oceans 3 million years ago. Unique ecosystems are contained within them.
22. Lake Huron is the second largest among the Great Lakes, and the fifth largest in the world.
23. In size, Lake Michigan ranks third among the Great Lakes, and sixth among all freshwater lakes in the world.
24. Lake Michigan is the only Great Lake that is entirely within the borders of the United States.
25. The largest fresh water sand dunes in the world line the shores of Lake Michigan.
26. Because water enters and exits Lake Michigan through the same path, it takes 77 years longer for the water to replace itself than in Huron, despite their similarity in size and depth. (Lake Michigan: 99 years, Lake Huron: 22 years)
27. When the temperature of Lake Michigan is below freezing, this happens: ice balls.
28. Within Lake Michigan there is a “triangle” with a similar reputation to the Bermuda Triangle, where a large amount of “strange disappearances” have occurred. There have also been alleged UFO sightings.
29. Singapore, Mich., is a ghost town on the shores of Lake Michigan that was buried under sand in 1871. Because of severe weather conditions and a lack of resources due to the need to rebuild after the great Chicago fire, the town was lost completely.
30. In the mid-19th century, Lake Michigan had a pirate problem. Their booty: timber. In fact, the demise of Singapore is due in large part to the rapidly deforested area surrounding the town.
31. Jim Dreyer swam across Lake Michigan in 1998 (65 miles), and then in 2003, he swam the length of Lake Michigan (422 miles).
32. Lake Michigan was the location of the first recorded “Big Great Lakes disaster,” in which a steamer carrying 600 people collided with a schooner delivering timber to Chicago. Four hundred and fifty people died.
33. Lake Ontario is the smallest of the Great Lakes in surface area, and second smallest in depth. It’s the 14th largest lake on the planet.
34. The province Ontario was named after the lake, and not vice versa.
35. In 1804, a Canadian warship, His Majesty’s Ship Speedy, sank in Lake Ontario. In 1990, wreck hunter Ed Burtt managed to find it.
Only, he isn’t allowed to recover any artifacts until a government-approved site to exhibit them is found. He’s still waiting.
36. Babe Ruth hit his first major league home run at Hanlan’s Point Stadium in Toronto. It landed in Lake Ontario and is believed to still be there.
37. A lake on Saturn’s moon Titan is named after Lake Ontario
38. If you made it this far you might as well check out the website > www.RootedinMichigan.com
This little-known Michigan overlook is drop-dead gorgeous in the fall
Deadman's Hill near Petoskey dishes up spectacular autumn scenery.
A view of Clam Lake this morning
Look at the weather forecast for this weekend!
We have one cabin open, the main house and three pontoon boats available.
People having a great time at Northaire Resort.
Check it out🚴♀️
Please do not dock your boat like this !
Unfortunately, it’s in Torch Lake this summer...
Mark your calendars...Rubber Ducky Festival is Saturday, August 17th🐤
As some of you may know, we got hit with a hard thunderstorm last evening that took trees and powerlines down. Good news is that our power has been restored. Bad news is that we currently do not have any phones or Internet. Thank you for your patience.
Main Vacation Home Northaire Resort Torch Lake
Main House overlooking Clam Lake Vacation Rental
Another great review Way to go JOE. Don’t forget to ask about our Father’s Day weekend specials!
A brand new swingset for the Lakeview On Clam
New opening for the week of July 6th two bedroom cabin. The Clam Shell you can book online at our website or give us a call 231-377-7764 this week has not been available for over 15 years at Northaire.
Look at the weekend weather forecast, temps in the 80’s...
Book your pontoon now!
We Offer Torch Lake Pontoon Rentals from Three Locations, Torch Lake, Clam Lake, Lake Bellaire
We just had a week open up for June 22nd -29th this summer. The Main home. The first time in 10 years this week has become available. Check us out www.northaireresort.com
We offer Torch Lake Pontoon Rentals from three locations on the lower chain of Lakes, Torch Lake Clam Lake Lake Bellaire
We have one cabin open for this weekend. Book now and get a great deal on a pontoon boat.
Our busy season is right around the corner. We are busy deep cleaning and replacing all linens with brand new pillows, sheets, quilts, and towels. Pictured is the main house master bedroom.
I can’t wait to see everyone having fun here this summer.
Sunrise on Clam Lake this morning.
Michele Hoitenga State Representative
Hey everyone! Many of you are sharing this Call to Action on your social media. There was an error with the drafting of the bill and the bill is “dead”. The bill sponsor put out a statement saying his intent was to extend the lake time (his statement can be read in the comment section of this post). I hope this clears things up.
I love your passion for our lakes though!!!!!! Enjoying our lakes is one reason we choose to live here - in the most beautiful Great Lakes State in the country!
New Michigan boating and fishing laws take effect March 21: What to know
If your leisure-time plans include boating or fishing, recent changes in Michigan’s Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act (NREPA) may affect you.
Under The Radar Michigan
There is so much snow up here in Bellaire, Michigan at the Shanty Creek Resorts!
If you didn’t get out and snowboard or ski this year, the conditions are amazing.
“The water trail is essentially the aquatic equivalent of a hiking trail."
The the Chain of Lakes Water Trail has $70,500 worth of upgrades coming after a state grant gave Paddle Antrim a boost.
Spotlight on Bellaire (pictured)Seems Traverse City isn’t the only place in the region making those “Best of” lists. The Antrim C...
From last summer...
This visitor sniffs out the milkbone that UPS left today. Poor Gus, no treats for you!
Dreaming of summer? Don't forget to plan your northern Michigan getaway!
The Main Home just opened up for weekend rentals, and the ice fishing is great. Take a getaway and enjoy wintertime up north.
Let’s take the boat out in the Florida Keys today instead.
Lets start drilling 150 holes
It’s that time of year again: Short’s Brewing Company is celebrating 15 years this year, and we are proud to say that “we’ve got you covered” with our 15th Anni Party! To celebrate this momentous occasion, on April 27th from 4 pm - 9 pm we will be transforming the streets of Bellaire into an entire block of local love and awesomeness with Short’s brews, Starcut Ciders, live music, and scrumptious local foods. To share the love, we will once again be donating revenue from the Anni Party 15 celebration to the Village of Bellaire Downtown Development Authority to assist with improvements and beautification within The Village of Bellaire. We look forward to having your help spreading the love of good beer (and cider!) made by people who care in Northern Michigan for many years to come. So don’t just sit there, start planning your visit to celebrate where we live and what we do! April 27th is just around the corner and we’ve got you covered for a good time!
Choose Your Own Party Adventure!
Two different ticket options to customize your party experience.
“Pre-Party!” Ticket - $70 includes early entrance at 2:30 pm, (6) drink tokens, a custom Anni 15 reusable cup, a custom Short’s knit bottle koozie, a 22 oz. Private Stache bottle, (Anni Ale 15 - Dry-hopped American Sour Ale with grapefruit juice and lactose) a Short’s Anni Party 15 poster signed by Joe Short himself, and a Short’s Brew swag bag to carry it all in!
“It Gets You In with Tokens” Ticket - $35 includes entrance to the party, a custom Short’s Anni Party 15 reusable cup and (6) drink tokens
Four Excellent Bands!
4:30-5:30 The Pod - WEEN Tribute
5:30-5:45 - Toast with Joe Short
6:00-7:00 Toppermost Beatles Tribute
7:30-9:00 The Insiders: Tom Petty Tribute Band
plus Detroit Party Marching Band in the street between sets
We will have 3 beverage stations outside and the pub bars will be open. Tokens are required for all alcoholic beverage purchases outside and can be purchased ($2.50 each) from Short’s Mart, the Short’s Mart Annex, or our roaming Token Salesmen. There will also be free water stations located around the grounds.
8oz. or 6 oz. pours (or double your pour for 2 tokens!)
Non-alcoholic beverage selections available for purchase with tokens
Plus brand new specialty beers on draft made just for the party!
22 oz. Private Stache Releases - ONLY available for purchase during online pre-sale (with pick up at the Honey Badger bottle check)
Bourbon Barrel Aged Obliviate - A bourbon barrel aged Belgian-style Quadrupel
Anni Ale 15 - Dry-hopped American Sour Ale with grapefruit juice and lactose
Other Beer To Go - Bottled beer will be available for purchase from Short’s Mart and available for pick up from the back of the Honey Badger upon exit (as we do not allow glass containers on site).
Locally Crafted Grub!
Local food trucks will have a variety of food available for purchase. The Pub will also be open with a limited menu. Food will be available for purchase with cash and credit. Keep checking our Anni Party 15 website for updated food options!
For any questions concerning the Short’s Brewing 15th Anniversary Party please contact us at [email protected] or give us a call at (231)498-2300, extension: 100
Buy Tickets Here
Copyright © 2019 Shorts Brewing Company, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you have attended a Short's Brewing Company event in the past.
Our mailing address is:
Shorts Brewing Company
121 N Bridge St
Bellaire, MI 49615-9509
Add us to your address book
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.
This is our other property for wintertime fun...check it out!
Ski In/Ski Out 3BR 2.5BA Condo with stunning views overlooking Summit Ski Hill. New rental for 2018, Spacious 1800sq ft 3BR 2.5BA Trappers Lodge condo with s...
We are just wrapping up one of the best years at Northaire Resort, and would like to say thank you to everyone that made it happen. Hope to see you again next season..Happy New Year!
We have gift certificates for Pontoon rentals 10% off
We have a 3 bedroom condo that is ski in ski out on the slopes of Shanty Creek call to book and have fun !
We have the main house open for a winter rental by the month until April
Gus, the self appointed resort mascot🐾🐾
Winner of the Bellaire scarecrow contest🏆
Scarecrows are starting to pop up all over town! Who’s ready for Harvest Festival?
Thanks Bellaire Pontoon Rental & Dock Space for “Row, Row, Row your boat”
7067 Crystal Springs Rd
Great place to have fun and relax
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Northaire Resort posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Send a message to Northaire Resort: