We Stand Against Racism.
We believe everyone deserves to feel safe and at home wherever they go. But the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, Rayshard Brooks, and countless others present a more painful reality.
For years, we have strived to welcome people regardless of what they look like, where they come from, what their abilities are or who they love.
Marriott International believes Black Lives Matter.
So, we stand in solidarity for change.
1) We will build upon our 93-year history of putting people first by elevating the conversation on racism internally with town halls to make sure we continue to listen to our associates and use their perspectives to map our plans and actions.
2) We will expand our Emerging Leader Program to bring an even sharper focus to the career development needs of our Black associates.
3) We will continue to provide financial support to our partners in the Black community, organizations we have been working with for decades – like the NAACP and National Urban League and others, to help them pursue the mission of equality and social justice, while also engaging with them for advice as we continue to drive progress within Marriott.
4) We will work to provide an opportunity for our Marriott Bonvoy members to donate points to organizations focused on advancing racial equality and social justice – donations that we will match to these important organizations.
5) We call on federal leadership to act with urgency and we will advance Marriott’s policy agenda to advocate for solutions to address barriers to equality and opportunity.
We pride ourselves on serving others. And to do that now, we must push for real change.
Read more about what we will be doing moving forward: marr.in/WeStand