Sunrise this morning from Whale and Penguin beach house
Fantastic little beach front apartment right on the beach road. At the time of this update, we have received 22 five star reviews on AirBnB.
Please click the "Book Now" button to see how we advance and grow. Do you have free space in your house? AirBnB pays the Whale and Penguin Beach House to scout and introduce new hosts. There is no cost to new hosts. 100% FREE. If you would like to make extra money by renting out an extra room in your flat / condo / house / even office or garage, please send us a Facebook message with any questions
. Whale and Penguin Beach House is a charming beach house in Glencairn, Simon's Town, Cape Town. We offer several configurations of holiday accommodation - from self catering apartments to en-suite rooms within the house sharing common areas. We recently listed on AirBnB and Wimdu and have become a formal Super-Host with AirBnB. LISTING 2 - SELF CATERING HOLIDAY APARTMENT
Large upmarket sea facing beach road apartment with private entrance, parking, huge bathroom, fully equipped kitchenette  and coffee bar stocked with essentials . Unobstructed view overlooking False Bay from Muizenberg to Boulders Beach (penguins) to Simon's Town harbor. 5 min walk to Dixie's restaurant/pub. Small beach and warm tidal pool directly in front. The space
"If it's not good enough for us, it's not good enough for our guests" - your hosts. We use only 100% Egyptian cotton linen with a thread count of 400 (where possible), soft puffy over-sized duvets, and at least six pillows (soft, medium and firm).
• The double bed's mattress is brand new and of Superb quality with built in memory foam to comfort a sore back and stiff legs. A dual operated electric blanket lets each guest choose his or her own temperature settings.
• An open plan dressing area has bright down-lights and built-in cupboards and some drawers styled with solid Bamboo doors. There's enough space for all your clothing and empty suitcases to minimize clutter. We supply wooden hangers.
• The large bathroom has a comfortable toilet with a bamboo seat and a separate bidet. The extra length bath is so large and wide that two people can soak and relax with bubbles. We place candles everywhere for a romantic calming atmosphere. The shower is over the bath and has a hand shower extension that reaches down to the baths base.
• The kitchenette is located in the conservatory (glass room) that overlooks the ocean. There are two modern chairs and a "table" trolley that you may move about to take advantage of the ever changing view - yachts of all sizes, whales, seals, dolphins, fish eagles, sea gulls, Naval vessels, Fishing boats, Cape Argus cyclists, marathon runners, and civilized people walking their pets or taking casual strolls.
• Expandable shutters and block out curtains will block unwanted light should you wish to sleep late or have a nap.
• The entrance hall downstairs used to be "the old boat-house". Although the ceilings are quite low, we designed the space to be open, light and bright. We suspended paintings and carvings to move about ever so slightly in response to a breeze. We placed an oversize unusually styled Chaise-longue couch on the opposite wall to lie back on and enjoy watching the art move. We are situated on the Beach Road directly on the sea. We live in the safest part of Cape Town, South Africa. Most residents in the area take early morning or evening strolls to enjoy the clean fresh sea air. Down the road is the Dixie's restaurant for breakfasts, sun downers, steaks, fish and wood fired pizzas. The historical Victorian naval village of Simon's Town, (Simonstown), is a hub for trips to Cape Point, Boulder's Penguins, Whales, Kalk Bay, Chapman's peak, Vineyards, Naval Museum, 15 minute walk or 5 minute drive to the Scratch Patch Mineral World, WW2 Canon (1943) view point, Shark cage diving, regular snorkeling, and home of the legendary WW2 "Just Nuisance Great Dane".
• The Kitchenette is fully equipped for self-catering with a Microwave oven, Induction stove cooking plate, Toaster, Bar Fridge/freezer, Nespresso machine, cordless kettle, teapot, filter coffee plunger, pots, pans, cutlery and crockery.
• We stock the bar fridge with a selection of seasonal essentials such as fresh milk, filtered water, eggs, fresh fruit, etc.
• The coffee bar includes a variety of teas, filter coffees, Nespresso coffee pods, hot chocolate, honey, sugars, milk pods, etc.
Operating as usual
Sunrise this morning from Whale and Penguin beach house
Whale & Penguin Beach House Accommodation - Glencairn, Simon's Town, 7975 now takes appointments on their Page.
We arrange preset prime-spot picnics so that guests can effortlessly arrive, relax, sunbathe and swim with the penguins.
Listing no. 2 - The White Whale Apartment.
We converted the original beach house's old boat house into a great self catering holiday apartment. Combined with good hosting skills, this apartment received only FIVE STAR reviews. Please click the "Book Now" button to view the latest reviews.
The new apartment's Eastern view from one moment to the next.
15 minutes drive - R70 Rand access or free access around the top board walk.
I’m about to do the SA Specialist programme and become a travel expert on South Africa – here’s what you need to know:
Photo from the guestroom. The calm ocean reflects the early sun as it rises over False Bay. Simon’s Town has fantastic weather almost all year round. In winter, we are protected from the freezing cold winter winds. It’s like summer here almost all the time.
Free Champagne to all our Friends and Family who LIKE our Guest House page and getting the ball rolling.
Review by AirBnB Superhost - Andrew Koeber (Seattle, Washington, United States).
Vincent and Dwayne were fabulous hosts. Everything was perfect, from the coffee waiting for us upon arrival to the wonderful peppermint crisp (and recipe). The location was fantastic, right on the water with a wonderful tide pool to swim in or just explore. This is the perfect spot for discovering the quaint towns along the coast. Everything was incredibly clean and tidy. Would definitely stay here again. Thank you both for your wonderful hospitality. -Andrew and Lee
The SA Navy Frigate 'war' ship only a stone's throw from the patio. The SA Navy, with its head quarters in Simon's Town, is most active during the week.
We overlook False Bay and take pictures of the whales each year. They are very active. Approximately 10,000 southern right whales are spread throughout the southern part of the Southern Hemisphere. In False Bay whales can be seen from the shore from July to October while both Plettenberg Bay and Algoa Bay are also home to the southern right whales from July to December. They can be viewed from land as well as by boat with licensed operators conducting ocean safaris throughout the year.
The size of an adult female is 15 m (49 ft) and can weigh up to 47 tonnes (46 long tons; 52 short tons), with the larger records of 17.5–18 m (57–59 ft) in length and 80 tonnes (79 long tons; 88 short tons) or up to 90 tonnes in weight. (Wikipedia)
Southern Right Behavior: Like other right whales, they are rather active on the water surface, and curious towards human vessels. Southern rights appear to be more active and tend to interact with humans more than the other two northern species. One behavior unique to the southern right whale, known as sailing, is that of using their elevated flukes to catch the wind, remaining in the same position for considerable amount of time. It appears to be a form of play and is most commonly seen off the coast of Argentina and South Africa. Some other species such as humpback whales are also known to display. Right whales are often seen interacting with other cetaceans, especially humpback whales and dolphins. There is a record of a southern right and a humpback thought to be involved in mating activities off Mozambique.
They have very strong maternal connections with locations and gene pools they were born in, and they are known to return to their 'birth spots' at 3-years intervals.This species has been recognized to nurse unrelated orphans on occasions.
We are on the route for the annual Cape Argus Cycle Tour. Every year during March, nearly 35,000 cyclists fly past our doorstep. It is a goose-bumpy amazing experience.
Simon's Town (Southern suburbs of Cape Town), home of the South African Navy, welcomed with gun solute the Portsmouth-based destroyer, HMS Edinburgh patrolling Britain’s South Atlantic territories and the 4,000-mile passage from Cape Town to Mare Harbour in the Falkland Islands. Two German naval ships are scheduled to arrive to probably engage in friendly fire (manoeuvres), all in preparation for the well known Simon's Town and Naval festivals.
104 Main Road, Cairnside
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Whale & Penguin Beach House Accommodation - Glencairn, Simon's Town, 7975 posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.