28/09/2026
Morena Dear & Kind Friends, Dear, Dear Friends!
It is your love and kindnesses that keep me positive and happy whilst we slowly inch towards the magical portal of "Permission to open" We aren't there yet, there still remains more important work to be done.
Here is the latest process.....
Yet another report had been made, a workshop was held (Not open to the public, or myself), reports were made on the workshop, recommendations were made on the report. In this instance, a 147 page report, sent the night before the workshop to be held on 24/9 (Instead of 48 hours prior as is required) to Board members, who then have to read said document before workshop held at 1pm. Local Board Official meeting held immediately after workshop. Can they vote on the report and or workshop. No, they can not, and it is all still top secret. The Board has to write a report on the report & workshop and can not vote until the Board meeting on the 22nd of October. The Staff of Council (Paid for by your rates!!!) continue to stonewall, obfusticate, and delay. WHAT THE ACTUAL # # # #!!!!!
I have written to the to the Council under the Local Government Information Act "LGIA" asking for all communications, and asking for this to be expedited to 10 working days, this is their reply....
Kia ora Fiona
"Thank you for your request for information
We have attached an information sheet on our processes and requirements under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987.
We will respond to your request as soon as possible and in any event no later than 20 working days after the day your request was received. This will be by 23.10.2026"
Nga Mihi etc.
See the time frame here? By the time I know who said what it is the day after the meeting.
So, we still have things to do- Please share the petition again, it would be really cool to get it to 10k sigs before presentation to council downtown.
Please write to the local board telling them what this campground means to you [email protected]
On the 22nd at the Local Board Meeting they will vote on if they accept the recommendation of the staff, to close and never open again, or to open the Campground for another season so that at least The NZ Surfing Nationals can hold possibly the last Nationals ever to be held at Piha in January. There will be more work to be done after that regarding the future. This will not be a final decision.
Don't be mean to The Board Members, they are doing their best. I am disappointed to hear of ugliness going on. This is not cool Whanau, I know you're better than that.
I can't wait to get back in my corner by the art gallery and get my tent up, watching over you all. In the meantime I am flourishing, gardening, reading, feeling your kindnesses, the messages of support, the handmade cards from the tamariki, a coffee, even a 4kg pack of mince, this is what Kindness looks like and I am basking in it!
Have an Epic Day, much Love, Fiona Xx